Connect with us

Entertainment

Terrorists Attack Moscow Concert, Leave At Least 40 Dead, 100 Injured

Published

on

107391727 1711134751617 AP24082685824357

Gunmen suspected to be terrorists, on Friday, opened fire at a rock concert in a Moscow suburb, killing at least 40 people, and injuring 100 others.

According to local authorities, the attackers dressed in camouflage uniforms entered the building, opened fire, and threw a grenade into the crowd.

The fire quickly spread through the Crocus City concert hall in the Krasnogorsk suburb in the north of the Russian capital, which can hold several thousand people and has hosted top international artists.

According to preliminary information, 40 people were killed and more than 100 were injured as a result of a terrorist attack in the Crocus City Hall, according to the FSB security service, quoted by Interfax news agency and other Russian media.

Authorities said a “terrorist” investigation had been started and President Vladimir Putin was receiving “constant” updates on the attack, his spokesman Dmitry Peskov told Russian news agencies.

Telegram news channels Baza and Mash, which are close to security forces, showed video images of flames and black smoke pouring from the hall.

Other images showed two men walking through the hall with at least one person left on the ground near the entrance. Concert-goers were also seen hiding behind seats or trying to escape.

Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin said there had been a “terrible tragedy” at the concert by Russian rock band Piknik and cancelled all public events in the city for the weekend.

Security services quoted by Interfax news agency said between two and five people “wearing tactical uniforms and carrying automatic weapons” opened fire on guards at the entrance and then started shooting at the audience.

About 100 people escaped through the theatre basement while others were sheltering on the roof, the emergency services ministry said on its Telegram channel.

But about one third of the complex was ablaze, TASS news agency reported.

Russia’s foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said it had been a “bloody terrorist attack”.

The whole international community must condemn this odious crime,” she said on Telegram.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead

Published

on

Actress Stella Ikwuegbu

The Nollywood movie industry was thrown into mourning on Sunday over the death of veteran actress, Stella Ikwuegbu.

Naija Latest Gist reports Ikwuegbu died after battling with leg cancer for some time.

Her death was confirmed by movie producer, Stanley Nwoko, otherwise known as Stanley Ontop, via a post on his Instagram page. According to him, the veteran actress died on Sunday, 16th June.

Popular Nollywood actress/veteran Mrs stella ikwuegbu is dead.

“The veteran Actress left this world today after battling with Leg cancer. Rest well madam Stella.

“Nollywood not again.

“It’s well.

Shalom!,” he wrote.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Funke Akindele replies troll who advised her and Toyin Abraham to lose weight

Published

on

Funke Akindele replies troll who advised her and Toyin Abraham to lose weight 696x348 1

Popular Nollywood actress and film maker Funke Akindele, has sparked reactions following her recent altercation with a troll who tried to body shame her and her colleague, Toyin Aimaku.

The troll had commented on her post, advising her to lose weight. He remarked that it was foolish for her to gain weight and remain unconcerned. Additionally, he claimed that being overweight was particularly detrimental for an actress like her, as it could impact her performance in roles.

The critics emphasized that it’s misguided to think that gaining weight is a sign of a good life, ignoring the fact that obesity can be deadly and uncomfortable. He urged both her and Toyin Abraham to lose weight, pointing out the noticeable changes in their shape and appearance.

He wrote, “Funke Akindele, it’s unwise how you’re getting too fat yet feeling unbothered. More unwise not knowing fatness isn’t good for an actress of your kind as it may affect role delivery and prevent directors from contacting characters that need smart, flexible, and fit actresses.”

“Most unwise, many of y’all celebs think getting fat is evidence of good living, forgetting obesity kills and causes discomfort. U & Toyin Abraham need do a lot about weight reduction. U people have changed shape and signature. Hit gym 24hrs. Avoid junk, and limit excess sleeping. Be wise. Don’t be unwise”.

This did not sit well with Funke Akindele, known for her explicit movie performances, as she penned her thought via the comment section. She appreciated him for his concern and then called him a mad man.

She replied, “Yes sir. Werey Alaso”.

Checkout the screenshot below:

Funke Akindele and a troll

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Rema reportedly leaves Don Jazzy Mavin records after 5 years

Published

on

CEC1DD6E 4190 44D5 A53D 6E6A5C092E89

Nigerian music sensation Rema, one of the most prominent young artists, has reportedly parted ways with Mavin Records, the label founded by the legendary music producer Don Jazzy.

Rema, whose real name is Divine Ikubor, allegedly left the record label five years after joining, marking numerous hits and significant milestones.

The 24-year-old Nigerian singer burst onto the music scene in 2019 when he was signed by Mavin Records. He quickly rose to fame with his unique sound, blending Afrobeat, trap, and pop elements. His debut EP, simply titled “Rema,” was a massive success, featuring hits like “Dumebi,” “Iron Man,” and “Corny”, making him gain international recognition.

His song ‘Calm down’ remix featuring American singer Selena Gomez was a huge success under the guidance of Mavin records and Don Jazzy. The remix provided Rema his first Billboard Hot 100 entry while also ruling the US Afrobeat chart. It become the most streamed Afrobeats song of 2022. The song had gathered over 436 million streams when the original and the remix are combined.

The news of Rema leaving Mavin Records has left many fans shocked and curious about his next moves. While neither Rema nor Mavin Records has officially confirmed the split, a thorough checking on his Instagram shows that Rema has taken down all his posts including ones relating to his record label.

It can be recalled that Rema called out Mavin records for using him for fake publicity.

Checkout the screenshot below:

Rema deletes all his Instagram posts 2
Continue Reading

Trending Posts